Journey to yourself – 3
Learning to welcome transformation in your life
Among the accommodation options, I chose the Tent Hut, which was en excellent idea. My tent was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It allowed me to rest and be ready for the next busy day. Also, I managed to read three books at night, using the bedtime light.
I mostly strolled outside; on the long beach, on several yoga platforms, around the dining area, or I meditated in temples.
However, this small sweet orange tent offered me such a cozy personal space that it helped me to sense the transformation in me.
Thanks to my deeply relaxed state, I was able to contact my real self in silence and experience the joy of this reunion.
“Silence is the language of God; it is also the language of the heart.” SWAMI SIVANANDA
My writing was fearless. I forgot my thoughts about the past and the future — they were useless. I had everything to be happy in the present, nothing to look for nor to miss. My heart spread out of its room and expanded in every breath filled with rich, Bahamian air. Accordingly, I met admirable people around; we had real connections in concise meetings.
It seemed there was no better place to be.
While we talked about going back to our lives, as one of my yogi friends told me; “The hard part is not living a disciplined yogi life here. The hard part is going back to the urban life. Leaving behind this reality, and trying to be satisfied with some reflections.”
And it was so true!
It was only the beginning…
That’s why I’m going back to the ashram in April 2018, for both the annual Peace symposium and the ambassador certificate program:
Changing the World from the Inside Out, Ashram 50th Anniversary and 11th Annual Yoga for Peace Symposium
“Peace is the most covetable possession on the earth. It is the greatest treasure in all the universe. Peace is the most important and indispensable factor for all growth and development. It is in the tranquility and quiet of the night that the seed slowly sprouts from under the soil. The bud opens in the depth of the most silent hours. So also, in a state of peace and love, people evolve, grow in their distinctive culture, and develop perfect civilization.” SWAMI SIVANANDA
“The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war.” VISHNUDEVANANDA SARASWATI
Yoga Peace Ambassadors Certification Course
“If you do not peace in within, you will not find it anywhere else. The Goal of life is the attainment of Peace and not the achievement of power, name, fame and wealth.” SWAMI SIVANANDA
“Individual Peace paves the world peace. The attainment of inner calm is the greatest work you can do for humanity.” SWAMI SIVANANDA
If you believe Peace is your mission in life like me, let’s meet there!
Miscellaneous important details:
– Your flip-flops are your friends in the ashram. However, I enjoyed mostly being barefoot during my stay. Some ugly blisters on my feet could not prevent this joy!
– Don’t forget that you are in an ashram, but not in a beach party concept vacation nor in a fancy yoga meeting, which means that you should pay attention to not to wear short or small clothing exposing your body, nor flashy colours causing distraction. Light colours like white and orange are appreciated.
– 2 shawls that I put in my luggage were most helpful for morning and evening meditation sessions.
– Insect repellent is essential, especially in the evening in yoga platforms and for your night sleep. I forgot to put it on once, and a sneaky mosquito gave itself a treat which caused some allergic reactions upon my return to Montreal. Don’t worry; insect repellent is provided by the ashram to all guests.
– Please note that no coffee, alcohol or drug is allowed in the premises. Also, you should be able to sleep around 10 PM in the evening even though you are a night owl, since the silence reigns after this hour and you have to wake up at 05:30 AM next morning.
“Real peace comes only to those who control the body and mind with self-discipline.” VISHNUDEVANANDA SARASWATI
Proofreading credit: Steph Smithson
Duygu Özmekik / Bizim Anadolu / January 2018